Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Song of the Week

"The Lovecats" by The Cure

I'm almost embarrased to say this, but The Cure is a relatively new band for me. Sure, I always knew their big radio hits like "Friday I'm in Love", "Just Like Heaven" and "Close to Me", but I never really got into all of their other stuff until my oldest sister and I started swapping CDs to add to our iTunes. I borrowed this CD among many others and loved alot of the songs. Who knows, maybe this song was a big radio hit and I just don't remember, but all I know is that I LOVE this song. To say nothing for the AWESOME walking bass intro (yes, I'm partial to the bass), I love the words and I love the way Robert Smith delivers them. Most of all, though, I love all of his sound effects and growls throughout the song. I think it takes a very secure person to sing the way Smith does, not just in this song but in all of his songs. Overall, the song is very happy and peppy and you can't deny that toe-tapping, hip-swaying feeling that comes over you when you listen. Enjoy!



1 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey remember me, Kathy Upchurch (Fowler)from Garland 1st ward & I was in YSA with John. I just found your blog cause my cousin Farrah has Jennifer Sabin on the sidebar of her blog. How funny! I did not know yall got married congrats. My blog is www.digitalfowlers.blogspot.com
We live in Fort Worth, TX. I am glad to hear yall are doing great & your kids are so cute. Also my email is kathyfowler17@yahoo.com