Thursday, June 5, 2008

Not Bad for a First Attempt

A few weeks ago I was having a conversation with a friend of mine, Julie Young, about how inept I am when it comes to fixing Margaret's hair. Ponytails and pigtails I've got down, but anything more complex than that and I'm completely lost.






She referred me to these two wonderful blogs that are full of little girl hair tips: Girly Do's and She Does Hair. I've had so much fun just looking at all of the beautiful things these moms have done with their daughter's hair. Most of them look way too hard for me (and Margaret), but I did decide to give one of the easier ones a try today. It's called the "short hair part puffy braid" (a mouthful, I know!) I think it turned out pretty well! Here is the example pic of the finished product and a pic of my finished product on Margaret:







I'm so excited that I can't wait to try something new tomorrow! Who knew that you could have so much fun with hair!?!?!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Look at you! That was so cute! Even when Kennedy's hair was long the only thing I ever did was put it in one big ponytail or pull the top part over to the side, you know the classic little girl do. And now I do the same thing with short hair. There are these 2 ladies in my ward that always use a bunch of rubberbands to do cute little things to their daughters' hair but it all looks too involved for me. I think I'll try something new with Kennedy too! I'll let you know what happens :)

Bethanne said...

So, so cute. I have got to look those websites up...poor Leah. :)

Julie said...

That looks great!!! You're a pro! Much easier than it looks, right? And if it was a little tricky today, it's only because it was your first try. I can't wait to see what you do next!!
I miss you already!

Anayansi said...

that is impressive. i definitely couldn't do that. i just don't have hair skills.

Kathy said...

She is so cute! Good job!
I saw you had that link & I spent a ton of time looking at that website. I love it. Thanks. I just taught myself how to french braid Emma's hair & have been practicing on that for a while, now I have new ideas to practice. Thanks again.