Monday, November 7, 2011

All Good Things Must Come to An End (Temporarily)

Steven just finished his first season of soccer and he's missing it like crazy. I had no idea that the kid would take to it so much but, to be honest, I'm glad. I love seeing him so excited about sports and so excited to get ready for games and practices. I love sports myself, and we have alot of fun practicing drills in the backyard. Steven's level is the first year that the kids play with a goalie and Steven's coach, unlike most coaches, will let every kid have a turn playing in all of the different positions. This way they can get a feel for what they prefer and what they're good at. Steven naturally gravitated towards the defense and especially goalie. He thrives on getting the ball away and kicking it down the field. And I have to admit, he makes a darn good little goalie.




Here's Steven dribbling the ball down the field


Here he is again


I'm not sure exactly what he's doing here, but I love this picture! Both of his feet are off the ground!


The next few pictures are blurry, but I had to show off Steven's goalkeeping prowess. Here he is with a great save.


And another amazing save!


And another...


and another! Yes!


However, there's plenty of this going on too. Playing around inside the net whenever there's no action.


And doing whatever it is he's doing!


We miss soccer and we can't wait for the spring season to start. At least we have gymnastics to tide us over in the meantime (pictures forthcoming.)

0 comments: