Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Little Hands

Here is a poem that I wrote a few months ago while I was remembering the tender moments that Steven and Margaret were born. Leave comments and let me know what you think!



Little Hands

I can still remember, as if it were yesterday,
The morning you were born – such a perfect day.
Daddy placed you in my arms with gentle care
You didn’t cry or coo – you would only stare.
And your little hands fit perfectly into mine.

I held you and kissed you over a thousand times
Your skin was so soft and your hair divine.
Your fingers and toes were tiny and dear
Your chunky round cheeks were spotless and clear.
And your little hands fit perfectly into mine.

I gazed deeply into your beautiful eyes;
I saw a glimpse of heaven and the Spirit testified
You had been sent from God’s heavenly home above
Innocent and perfect and filled with love.
And your little hands fit perfectly into mine.

Oh, how I love you, my dear little one!
Our time on earth together has only just begun.
But the greatest blessing for our little family
Is that we can be together for all eternity.
And our hands will fit perfectly as one.

- Audrey Sabin

3 comments:

Julie Gropp said...

What a great poem! I'm so glad you are blogging now. It is a great way to stay in touch with people. Keep up the good work.

Jen said...

Hi Audrey - my mom told me about your blog!! I love it.. I really loved this poem! I hope you guys are doing well, I think about you often. I will keep checking back. Talk to you soon ~ Jen Mabray

Kristi said...

This is such a neat poem Audrey! You are so talented. Keep up the good work, I enjoyed your life story as well, when should we expect Part 2?